How to Schedule Your Cosmetic Procedures Before the Wedding
Proper planning and scheduling are crucial to ensure that the effects of your cosmetic procedures are timed properly with your big day (either as a guest or star). A detailed guide is given in handy infographic form at RealSelf.com.
Whether it's the biggest day of your life, or just another wedding in a long lines of weddings this year, you will certainly want to schedule any cosmetic procedures so that you are receiving the most benefit at the ideal moment. With a little foresight, you will be able to ensure that you are in top form on the wedding day.
Proper Planning for the Ideal Outcome
- For weddings that are coming up fast, a microdermabrasion is one of the fastest-acting treatments, with full results visible in 1-2 weeks for an excellent skin appearance. Dramatic changes in skin pigmentation or scarring may take several months, however.
- Dermal fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm may also be applied about two weeks before the wedding to ensure that your lips or other facial areas experience the best results.
- Botox treatments will provide dramatic reduction in facial wrinkles, and give full results in just a few days, but you will want to start about a month before the event to give time for touch-ups.
- One of the newer treatments reviewed, CoolSculpting may be used to freeze off excess fat, but must be done at least 2-3 months before the wedding for maximum effect.
- One of the slowest treatments to take effect, Latisse eyelash booster is also one of the most affordable. This topical medication gives results gradually, building up to full benefits at 12 weeks.
Those interested in surgical procedures such as liposuction, breast augmentation or a tummy tuck should schedule their consultation as soon as possible, as these treatments can take up to three months before the full results are achieved.